Saturday, September 01, 2007

Syyskuun eka / September first

Huh, vajaat kaksi viikkoa vieraiden isännöintiä on takana ja voin vihdoin huokaista helpotuksesta. Susannalta tuli just tekstiviesti, ovat kaffetauolla Hämeenlinnassa eli kotimatka on heillä jo voiton puolella. Porukoiden visiitti kyllä hurahti ohi vauhdilla, eikä saatu millään kaikkea mahtumaan ohjelmaan. Päivät venyi pitkiksi ja mun hermo petti muutamana iltana, mutta muuten visiitti meni oikein hyvin. Ehdittiin näkemään Airaa ja Tiaa muutamaan otteeseen. Susanna ja Riku saivat shoppailla ahkerasti. Laitan kuvia flickriin piakkoin. ... ja Jarin Etelä-Korean/Kiinan/Hong Kongin reissu meni hyvin

Olin tällä viikolla tiistaista torstaihin täydet päivät töissä ja eilen neljä tuntia, kiirettä on riittänyt. Maanantaina on Labour Day ja aion viettää rauhallisen pitkän viikonlopun. Tiistaista alkaen olen töissä täysipäiväisesti yhdeksästä viiteen. Tässä on nyt kaksi viikkoa aikaa toipua porukoiden visiitistä ja kehitellä uutta arkirutiinia ennen kuin Jarin äiti ja Seppo saapuvat vajaan kahden viikon visiitille. Mä haikailen rauhallista mökkiviikonloppua lokakuun ekana, Thanksgiving-viikonloppuna, mutta ei voida varata vielä mitään ennen kuin selviää pukkaako Jarille uutta matkaa Kiinaan.

* * *

It has been a while again since I posted in English. My family was here for almost two weeks and they headed back to Finland yesterday. I just received a text message that they are almost at home. I spend quite a bit of time planning the visit and stressing about it. I managed to take some time off from work and the visit went well. A couple of days were really exhausting and I just had an overdose of hosting in the evenings. Aira and Tia stayed in Vancouver a few days after their cruise to Alaska and we had a few meals with them. Susanna and Riku shopped till they dropped. Jari was away the first week and his trip to South Korea/China/Hong Kong went well.

I was quite busy at work this week, especially on Thursday and Friday. I was at the office for 4 hours only yesterday as I drove my parents to the airport. Monday is Labour Day and I just want to have a relaxing long weekend, no desire to rush anywhere. I will start working full time on Tuesday and hopefully get used to the new routine quickly. Jari's mom and her husband come for a visit on September 15th and they will stay here for almost two weeks as well. I'm really hoping that Jari and I can have a quiet long weekend (Thanksgiving) in October on a cottage somewhere and just relax. Jari might have to travel to China again so we have to hold off booking anything before he knows if and when he has to travel.

No comments: