...even though it doesn't look like it. I can't even remember when I last posted something in English. I'm too lazy to look up but it was a while ago. It's about time to let you know what we have been up to lately...
After I got home from Finland we spent a couple of days together at home before Jari headed to Finland. He was there on a business trip for about a week. After the trip it was regular work for Jari till the first weekend of July. He had so much luck with the weather on his two week summer vacation, it was hot and sunny throughout. It was much cooler and unstable weather before that, we were wondering whether summer would arrive at all this year. ...and now it has been rainy afterwards.
I got a job tip from Soile and Anita after I got home from the trip and had an interview on the second week of June. I started there part time on the third week and have been working approx. 3 shifts per week. My initial understanding was that I would start there, see how the small office works, see how they like me and we would go from there. A couple of shifts into this the owner told that she has 2 candidates and a headhunter friend of hers has 2 candidates as well and interviews would be conducted later on for the full time position starting in September. I was a bit disappointed, it would have been nice if I would have known that from the beginning. Now I feel like I'm the cheap summer help.
I really like the job, it is interesting to work in the travel business. We'll see how long this lasts, I'm getting ready to start applying again. I can't seem to get a job I really like. In this case it looked like I found it but nothing is what it seems to be (in this city). I guess there are too many qualified people looking for work so employers can play all sorts of games and simply "forget" to tell the prospective employees the key facts at the right time.
When Jari was on vacation he had plenty of time to spend by himself, go to the beach and enjoy the weather outside. We had to forget the road trip to Yellowstone but managed to spend a couple of nights camping in Manning Park. We escaped the record-breaking heat of the city, I believe it was a bit cooler there. It was a fun trip, spent 3 nights camping, did one long day hike, cooled off in the lake several times and did some canoeing as well.
On Canada Day we were going to do a hike with Andi but there was still plenty of snow up on Cypress and as we didn't have sun glasses with us, decided to spare ourselves from the headache and had a nice piknik in Lighthouse Park instead. Alex's French friends visited him a couple of weeks ago and we spent some time with them. I joined them on a long walk in Stanley Park and Coal Harbour and one Sunday we went boating on Howe Sound. Jari was the captain and he was going a bit too fast at times. It was fun 4 hours on the water for sure. One Saturday Jari took a windsurfing lesson with Soile, Viivi and Petteri; I was just observing them from the shore. ...and one Saturday we headed to Washington state with Simo and Tommi; visited the Boeing factory in Everett and shopped till we dropped at the outlet malls (well, the others did, I couldn't find anything).
I have been practising my driving after I got home from Finland and on Monday I had my road test in Richmond. I was pretty sure I failed the test but I passed. YAY! I finally got my local driver's license, it only took almost 6 years to get it. Lazy me...
Well, I think this pretty much sums up what we have been up to lately. Check out the pics in the other posts.
After I got home from Finland we spent a couple of days together at home before Jari headed to Finland. He was there on a business trip for about a week. After the trip it was regular work for Jari till the first weekend of July. He had so much luck with the weather on his two week summer vacation, it was hot and sunny throughout. It was much cooler and unstable weather before that, we were wondering whether summer would arrive at all this year. ...and now it has been rainy afterwards.
I got a job tip from Soile and Anita after I got home from the trip and had an interview on the second week of June. I started there part time on the third week and have been working approx. 3 shifts per week. My initial understanding was that I would start there, see how the small office works, see how they like me and we would go from there. A couple of shifts into this the owner told that she has 2 candidates and a headhunter friend of hers has 2 candidates as well and interviews would be conducted later on for the full time position starting in September. I was a bit disappointed, it would have been nice if I would have known that from the beginning. Now I feel like I'm the cheap summer help.
I really like the job, it is interesting to work in the travel business. We'll see how long this lasts, I'm getting ready to start applying again. I can't seem to get a job I really like. In this case it looked like I found it but nothing is what it seems to be (in this city). I guess there are too many qualified people looking for work so employers can play all sorts of games and simply "forget" to tell the prospective employees the key facts at the right time.
When Jari was on vacation he had plenty of time to spend by himself, go to the beach and enjoy the weather outside. We had to forget the road trip to Yellowstone but managed to spend a couple of nights camping in Manning Park. We escaped the record-breaking heat of the city, I believe it was a bit cooler there. It was a fun trip, spent 3 nights camping, did one long day hike, cooled off in the lake several times and did some canoeing as well.
On Canada Day we were going to do a hike with Andi but there was still plenty of snow up on Cypress and as we didn't have sun glasses with us, decided to spare ourselves from the headache and had a nice piknik in Lighthouse Park instead. Alex's French friends visited him a couple of weeks ago and we spent some time with them. I joined them on a long walk in Stanley Park and Coal Harbour and one Sunday we went boating on Howe Sound. Jari was the captain and he was going a bit too fast at times. It was fun 4 hours on the water for sure. One Saturday Jari took a windsurfing lesson with Soile, Viivi and Petteri; I was just observing them from the shore. ...and one Saturday we headed to Washington state with Simo and Tommi; visited the Boeing factory in Everett and shopped till we dropped at the outlet malls (well, the others did, I couldn't find anything).
I have been practising my driving after I got home from Finland and on Monday I had my road test in Richmond. I was pretty sure I failed the test but I passed. YAY! I finally got my local driver's license, it only took almost 6 years to get it. Lazy me...
Well, I think this pretty much sums up what we have been up to lately. Check out the pics in the other posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment