It is time to review year 2008. Was it good or was it bad. Here are my comments.
1.What grade would you give to the year 2008 (between 4-10)? January until November I would say 9, early December gets a 6 and the end of December a full 10.
2.What was (were) you best month(s)? Summer, beginning in July when Jari came back from Finland. I didn´t have a vacation but was able to enjoy summer anyways.
3.Was the winter cold enough? Never here although the 7,5 years have made us weak here in Vancouver and we feel cold in very low temperatures these days.
4.Was the summer warm enough? Yes, especially when I was sitting in an office without air conditioning.
5.What was your best achievement in 2008? All the successful work projects.
6.What was your best moment this year? Can´t really say there was one that stands out.
7.What was the worst moment this year? Lay off notice in early December.
8.What made you happy (name one thing)? Friends.
9.What disappointed you? The general economic situation and everything Olympics related in Vancouver. After all the promises on the contrary, looks like tax payers will be on the hook for an unknown sum of money for the games which are still a year away.
10.What did you learn this year? Quite a few things at work.
11.What are your goals for next year? (When I am typing this, I was also laid off) = Settling in a new city / country where ever that will be.
12.What was the best movie of the year? Without a doubt "Slumdog Millionaire".
13.What was the best tv series of the year? The year's Top 3: Big Bang Theory, The Office and Brothers & Sisters.
14.What was the best song of the year? The whole Sam Sparro cd.
15.Did you travel anywhere in 2008? If yes, where? Montreal, Quebec City and just got back from South America.
16.Did you purchase anything new? A laptop and I also helped Jari choose a new car. Also too many small things, this loft is getting too small!
17.If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? I would have taken time off in the summer.
18.If you could do again something you did this year, what would it be? I would spend some more quality time in Vancouver.
19.What is the best way to celebrate New Year’s? With good people, good food and plenty of drinks. We did just that in the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia with our GAP Adventures tour mates.
20.Are you going to cast New Year’s charms? Nope.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment