Saturday, December 30, 2006

Year 2006 in review

It is time to review year 2006. Was it good or was it bad. Here are my comments.

1.What grade would you give to the year 2006 (between 4-10)? 8

2.What was (were) you best month(s)? June and the rest of the summer months.

3.Was the winter cold enough? Well, in Finnish standards not even close but I’m so used to the moderate Vancouver weather that we had a few days that were chilly enough.

4.Was the summer warm enough? Yes, summers in Vancouver are exceptionally good and I have no complaints about this summer. It was hot enough to cause sleeping problems late in the summer.

5.What was your best achievement in 2006? Hmm, personally I didn’t really achieve anything major this year. The 7th year of a relationship is supposed to be the toughest and we cleared it. That’s an achievement, lol.

6.What was your best moment this year? Visiting Finland for sure, it was nice to be back after almost 2 years.

7.What was the worst moment this year? I would say so many friends moving away from Vancouver.

8.What made you happy (name one thing)? Friends in general.

9.What disappointed you? No one from Finland visited us.

10.What did you learn this year? I learned quite a few new things regarding the local job market and I became a little bit better photographer. I would say those are the most important ones I can think of.

11.What are your goals for next year? Finding a job is my number one goal, I hope I will find it within the first weeks of the year. …and it would be nice to have guests over.

12.What was the best movie of the year? I had to think a while, there was not one above the others. Let’s say Babel.

13.What was the best tv series of the year? Same thing, quite a few good ones. Let’s say War at home.

14.What was the best song of the year? What, only one? I have to say remixes of Madonna’s latest songs, one in particular: Sorry (Green Velvet Remix).

15.Did you travel anywhere in 2006? If yes, where? Yes, we were on the Big Island of Hawaii, in Finland and in Germany. …and we also visited the Oregon coast and did a few trips within British Columbia.

16.Did you purchase anything new? My biggest personal purchase was a Canon Rebel XT digital SLR camera.

17.If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? I guess I could’ve stayed employed at the Terraces after our summer trip to see where it might have taken me.

18.If you could do again something you did this year, what would it be? I could repeat the trips, especially the one to Hawaii. I wouldn’t mind escaping the gray days of December…

19.What is the best way to celebrate New Year’s? I don’t miss busy restaurants or clubs, I would say celebrating with good friends at someone’s house is the best way at this age.

20.Are you going to cast New Year’s charms? No, we haven’t done that since we moved here.

No comments: